Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cold Cut


I am a big fan of food. The only reason I do so much exercise is so I can eat a lot - if I didn't play squash I would be 300 pound s and ugly. Instead, I'm just...

Anyway, one of the best things about eating is reheating, or not, as the case may be. I love to eat foods that you can stick in the fridge and revisit the next day. And I am the sort of person who generally cannot be bothered reheating - I tend to eat all my remainders cold.

Food remains which are best served cold straight from the refrigerator include:
  • Curry - probably one of my favourites when cold. The garlic and spices really set your tongue alight. And cold Naan bread is even better ...
  • Pizza - not that I eat it that often, but when I do it tastes great from the fridge. Unless of course the topping has all merged together and congealed into a cheesy mess. Then it doesn't look that great, but it tastes fab
  • Chilli Con Carne - Meat, spices and kidney beans - need I say more?
  • Vegetarian Lasagna - my home made aubergine lasagna tastes great when cold, which is good, because I normally make enough to last 4 days
  • Baked Beans - normally after coming in late from the pub. Sometimes I skip the refrigeration altogether and eat them straight from the can.
Needless to say, there are some foods which don't do so well after a night in the Frigidaire. Salad being one of them - designed to be eaten cold, but not stored. A liberal helping of Paul Newman's dressing sometimes helps. And leaving Nutella in the fridge should be a crime - it ruins the gooey goodness of chocolate and hazlenuts altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment