Friday, November 24, 2006

Flying Billboards


I have spent a lot of time flying recently. One of the things I noticed was the fact that airlines are cashing in on any blank space found inside the aircraft.

On a recent US Airlines flight, the tray tables had advertising forSplenda on them. Maybe it's just me, but seeing something on an airline tray table would not make me buy it. Unless it was an advert for some decent food that you could buy on board - but you know that's never going to happen.

There are also a number of US Carriers now accepting advertising on sick bags. That doesn't bother me, but it would bother me if I was the CEO of the company being associated with vomit.

I think the most innovative advertising approach was European budget airline Easyjet's deal with the photo chain Klick PhotoPoint, where the sick bags doubled as envelopes for film processing, but I would hate to be the film technician who opened an incorrectly-sent bag...

Whilst on the subject of travel, the other thing I noticed was the Alaska Airlines logo. It's certainly striking, and is supposed to represent an Eskimo, but to me it looks more like Tommy Lee Jones with an Afro...

1 comment:

  1. Your website have very interesting article. I got knowledge from here. Besides that, your blog is so popular among the searchers from search engines. It means yours website is very good.Houston Home Security

    ReplyDelete